Saturday, October 22, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge Recap - Week 42

wis·dom
[wiz-duhm]
*the quality or state of being wise knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.
*scholarly knowledge or learning.
*wise sayings or teachings; precepts.
(source: www.dictionary.com)




Things I learned from the Daily Wisdom Challenge this week:

Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid. Just have faith." If we believe that the Word is true, we should abide by this simple verse.  (Mark 4 - 5)


Matt 10:29-31 The Father doesn't lose sight of a single sparrow that falls. How much more valuable to Him are we? He will not forget us.  (Matthew 10)


Mk 6:50 Jesus said to disciples "Don't be afraid...Take courage! I am here!"  I believe he speaks this to us each and every day. Grateful!  (Matthew 14, Mark 6, Luke 9)


John 6 No one can come to the Father except through the Son. Grateful for the ultimate sacrifice so that we might have eternal life.  (John 6)


Mark 7:15-23 It is not so much what goes into your mouth as what comes out of it that honors God. May my speech reflect this each day!  (Matthew 15, Mark 7)


Mark 8 We must die to our old ways and be like Christ, following in his ways, in order to save our lives. Grateful to be reminded.  (Matthew 16, Mark 8)


Mark 9 "Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me..."/local priest's failure to do this is HUGE to my testimony.  (Matthew 17, Mark 9)

chronological reading plan started 01/01/11
progress: 80.5% complete

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.