Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Crock Pot Lasagna

The other day, my friend Jami over at Call Me Blessed posted a recipe for Crock Pot Lasagna.  I cannot claim ownership of this recipe.  The credit goes to her.  As you will see from her blog post, she credits yet another person for this recipe.  I started assembling the ingredients to put in my crock pot this morning.  Oh my goodness!!!  This is going to be one good meal!  It smells SO yummy in my home right now!!  It just seems a little sinful to be making this on the heels of my Weigh-In Wednesday post!!


Ingredients You Will Need:
1 lb ground beef
1 lb sweet italian sausage
1/4 c onions
11/2 jars of your favorite Marinara sauce
1 16oz container ricotta cheese
1 1/4c shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
lasagna noodles {uncooked}

Brown the ground beef and sausage in a skillet

Add chopped onion

Add a jar of your favorite marinara sauce


In a separate bowl, combine the cheeses, setting aside 1/4 cup mozzarella
Jami suggested adding fresh basil or spinach to the mixture.  I added some dried basil.

Begin layering the ingredients in your crock pot:
meat, uncooked lasagna noodles then cheese (spread the cheese out - don't just leave it in the glob like I've shown in the picture!)

 Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.  10 minutes before the end, add the 1/4 mozzarella that you set aside.

Ok, so I sped through the end and added the mozzarella before cooking.  However, I will add more at the appropriate time!  Friends, this recipe has another few hours to go in my crock pot, but my home smells SO good right now!  I can't wait to dig in for lunch!!  I will post a picture of the finished product later!

And here it is...Enjoy!!

Thanks Jami for a great recipe idea!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.