Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Weigh-In Wednesday - 7 Weeks Into Diet


weigh-in wednesday
diagnosis: high cholesterol
clinical goal: intake of less than 200mg cholesterol per day to reduce bad cholesterol by 10/20/11
personal goal: drop 20 lbs by 10/20/11

Back on July 20, 2011, I posted a personal plea to all my blog-world friends for healthy recipes, tips, websites, etc. after I had been diagnosed with fairly high cholesterol.  I'm still willing to take suggestions, so please link up in the comments here!!

I am still using MyPlate to help me track everything that's going into my mouth.  We've eaten out a few times, which isn't good.  Although, that being said, I have been trying to stick with better options and not eating the full entree in one sitting.  Leftovers are good, but then again, those leftovers aren't as healthy as what I probably be eating all the time.

results (as of 9/07/11):
actual weight lost/gained this week: LOST 0.8 lbs 
* * *
actual weight lost/gained since 7/20/11: a total of 13.55 lbs LOST!!
* * *
accountability on cholesterol intake: I am still very  successfully keeping my intake under 200mg per day; I have been having slightly more in my diet than previous weeks but am keeping it in the low to mid-100's at the highest!
* * * * *

check out my livestrong widget over there =====>
(scroll down)

Ok, the weight loss thing...SO SLOW GOING right now.  It's difficult to stick with it when you don't see much in the way of results.  I feel like I'm losing motivation...FAST.  So, if you have any words of advice or encouragement for me...now's the time to share!!  Thank you so much!!  I really need to get back on track. I have until 10/20/11 to significantly reduce my cholesterol or I'm going to wind up on medication.  I don't want to see that happen, hence the weight loss/healthy eating kick.


Despite yet another "blah" week, I did manage to fit into skinny jeans!!

Got this new outfit from a local Goodwill on Sunday.  This outfit made me feel good.  So did all the positive comments I got on that blog post!!  Thank you all!!  As for the size, it's not any lower than my regular size...but they fit nice!  I couldn't have worn these before I started this diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.