Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday #8


thankful thursday
This week, I am blessed by the following things:


*as always...this blog
for having a creative outlet to express my faith
for the new bloggy friends I've made
for the chance to hopefully reach out to someone who needs to hear something I have to share
for some great blog sponsors and the two more heartfelt guest posts (kelli and christina) that have been shared already
for an opportunity to present a need for funding for a friend's special needs classroom (paula)

*family
for everything!

*Seacoast on Sunday
grateful for an amazing message regarding 9/11
grateful for the lives of the two people speaking at church - they were at the Pentagon on that day

*Seacoast Sisterhood
I've never been, but today is the first day I will have had an opportunity to attend this weekly event at church

*high cholesterol
yes, you read that right...I am still thankful for high cholesterol
it has forced me to quickly change my diet and eating habits
for forcing changes that have caused me to lose over 13 lbs in the past 8 weeksfor allowing me to see how old habits are so easy to pick up again if I don't stick with the plan!
*hidden arts & etsy
for rekindling an interest in knitting
and having the inspiration to open up a tiny little Etsy shop
called Knitted Simplicity
I am thankful for this even though I've had just one sale

*God
for always being faithful and loving
for never failing
for giving me grace when I fail and for always being there to show me the right path
for gracious healing
for inspiration 
for hearing my prayers
for listening and responding to my prayers
for granting me patience when prayers are not answered {at least not immediately, or in the way I'd expected}


Psalm 9:1 (NIV)
1 I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart;
   I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.


What are YOU thankful for this week?



I'd like to add a little something else to this post:

prayer requests
for Moira's full recovery from strep

for Peyton that she does not wind up picking up Moira's strep, as it could cause her to wind up being hospitalized if she gets it
for some personal struggles I am having the last couple weeks - not understanding "why" on a particular issue - praying for guidance as I try to figure this out and to understand why I'm even letting this issue bother me as much as it seems to be - praying that I can learn to let it go


for friends and family in Texas who are being affected (or could soon be affected) by the wildfires there - praying for rain - praying for protection for these people and their families and homes


for another personal prayer - trying to understand another situation which seemed to be heading a particular way {which would have been great} and now appears to be fading {not getting it}


for this blog - that God can give me words to speak truth and life into the issues I write about so that they can bring a positive impact on those who choose to read

Is there any way in which I can pray for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.