Monday, September 5, 2011

Meet a Sponsor…Enough Faith For Today!!

I just love reading other women’s encouraging blogs.  Especially when they have link ups where people can add a link to one of their own blog posts on a particular subject matter so that you can share with even more people than might normally see the post on your own blog.  The blog Call Me Blessed has been having a link up called “We Encourage”.  I’ve gotten to read so many encouraging posts through that link up.  Once again, I am excited to share with you a new friend who I met through this link up.  Last week you met my sponsor Myriah Mae .  Today I want to introduce you to the lovely Kimberlee of Enough Faith For Today as she shares what is on her heart!  Here she is with a beautiful guest post:

Photobucket


Have you ever had a MOMENT that has changed your life forever?

On the evening of March 9, 2010, we were getting the kids ready for bed when we received frantic phone call from a relative.  “There has been an accident involving your nephew ~ I can’t tell you the specifics but I suggest you get to the hospital now.”

We went into panic mode ~ Keith rushed to the hospital, I ran to my moms with the kids, then I called him to get an update before I got on the road.

But it was too late.

Our 7 year old nephew, Dylan Keith, tragically fell to his death from a 2nd story window, and was now with JESUS.

What?
How do you comprehend that?
What do you do?
Why? God Why?

I wanted to cry, wanted to scream, but got sick instead. I wanted to hug my husband and hold my children, but I just sat there, staring at the phone. THIS JUST COULDN’T BE…

I headed to the hospital ~ NUMB
And then it was real.
Dylan was GONE and all that was left was a room full of family members trying to console a mom that had just lost her baby.

My head echoed, “all things work for good, all things work for good.” But I didn’t dare utter those words ~ surely He didn’t mean this. THIS IS NOT GOD’S PLAN.

But the truth is, it was. And at the services we started seeing glimmers of hope, somehow God was using this for GOOD. 

The CELEBRATION of Dylan’s life was held at his mom’s church. The same place she had witnessed him ACCEPT Christ during an altar call just 2 weeks before. There, in the same fashion, DOZENS of people accepted Christ as their personal savior and hundreds more went home with the GOSPEL in their hearts. 

But none of that cures our earthly hurts. We miss him. He left behind an older sister, a twin sister, and a younger brother who have to deal with this hurt every day. My husband should have NEVER had to be a pall-bearer to his nephew. My sweet daughter, Kinley, born in December 2010, will never meet her cousin {this side of heaven}. When celebrating holidays our family will never  be COMPLETE. We have pain and it hurts. 

This is the first time I have blogged about this horrific event… But when asked to guest post by Sarah, I spent some serious time in prayer, asking Him what to write about. I really wanted to honor God. And without a doubt he said, Dylan…

But? Why God? Why share this story?

{one} for obvious reasons… If just one of you reading this now puts window lock on, and talks to your children about window safety, I have saved a child. 

{two} I think it is important to say that our hurts are never to be DUMBED down because we feel like we need to trust Jesus. Yes, our God is all knowing, loving, and does work ALL things for Good. BUT your hurt (whatever it may be) is REAL. He LOVES YOU, even when you QUESTION Him, even when you DOUBT Him, even when you are ANGRY at Him. He is a BIG GOD, and He can HANDLE it… Give yourself the FREEDOM to work through your pain, and guess who will still be holding you in the end?

{three} hold onto the HOPE of what will be waiting for you. Our life here is a mere glimpse. We DON’T KNOW how long us, or the people around us have. But {if they have Jesus and their personal savior} we will see them soon enough. Be hopeful of what TREASURES you have coming on the other side. I am giddy with excitement on seeing my precious nephew’s smile the day I meet my Heavenly Father. 

“He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Revelation 21:4 NIV


clip_image002


The last picture with ALL the cousins, Dylan on the far right.

Thank you Sarah, for allowing me this experience. I have been BLESSED…

****************************************

Sarah here again ~

Kimberlee, my heart goes out to you and your family on this tragic loss.  Thank you so much for opening your heart and sharing such a vulnerable time on my blog.  I love having you share on my blog today!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.