Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Just Me

Back in August, I wrote a post called Why Do I Blog?  It seemed at the time that a few of the bloggers I follow were writing on a similar theme, so I thought I would explain my own reasons for blogging.  I wanted to have a place to express my faith and share the blessings in my life in the hopes that something I say might be of some use to someone else.

On a similar note, I'm now seeing a lot of posts on a theme.  I'm hopping on that bandwagon too.  I'm not copy-catting...but, again, I thought it was a good topic.

Keeping it real.

Being ME.

Making no apologies for who I am.

I've seen a number of bloggy friends out there talk about how it is so easy to take the perfect photographs and write the perfect stories so that the image that winds up being projected is this absolutely picture perfect life that  is surrounded by a white picket fence and packaged in a beautiful box tied up with a gorgeous bow.

That's not what you'll find here!

My life is hectic.  It's stressful.  It's busy.  It's painful at times.  It's sad at times.  It's even downright depressing at times.

BUT...

My life is full of blessings.  I have a wonderful husband.  I have two beautiful daughters.  One happens to have multiple special needs and is medically fragile.  But that's my family and I love them more than anything!

So here's what you'll find here:

a little taste of homemade goodness from the kitchen
{I've been known to share a recipe or two!}...


real stories about the joys, blessings, trials and challenges of living with
a chronically ill child {Peyton}...


the joys, blessings, achievements and challenges of living with a very active and 
chatty second grader {Moira}...


parenting siblings who are so different from each other ~
kind of like parenting two "only children" at times...


living life in a 2 bedroom apartment ~ one of which is decorated more in the
theme of "Grey's Anatomy" than princesses, butterflies, flowers, etc....


some stories here and there about how proud I am of my husband {Ron}...


news on the latest little gifties from my etsy shop...


some stories about my awesome church family and
the worship choir I am a part of... 


stories of weight loss... 


and fab Goodwill finds...


the occasional book study on simplifying life...


sharing lessons learned from church groups and bible studies...


open discussion about letting go of material possessions...


coming clean about areas of my life where I just need to pin the issue to the cross
and give it over to God...


sharing some painful moments in my life in the hopes
that through my grief and growth, I may somehow bless and
encourage someone else going through something similar...


and a whole lot of talk about being a Christ-follower
and growing in my relationship with Him through all of the messy and not-so-messy
things that make up my life...


And through it all, God knows me better than anyone.  He knows if I'm keeping it real or not!

God has a plan for me ~ even through all the messiness of life.
If He created, then it must be for a purpose, 
so why not embrace it!!

Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.