Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weigh-In Wednesday - 6 Weeks Into Diet


weigh-in wednesday
diagnosis: high cholesterol
clinical goal: intake of less than 200mg cholesterol per day to reduce bad cholesterol by 10/20/11
personal goal: drop 20 lbs by 10/20/11


Don't forget my free September blog sponsorship offer (read THIS)

Back on July 20, 2011, I posted a personal plea to all my blog-world friends for healthy recipes, tips, websites, etc. after I had been diagnosed with fairly high cholesterol.  I'm still willing to take suggestions, so please link up in the comments here!!


I am still using MyPlate to help me track everything that's going into my mouth.  Last week wasn't a very good week for me, but by last Friday, I'd gone back down to my lowest weight so far on this journey.


results (as of 8/24/11):
actual weight lost/gained this week: GAINED 0.2 lbs 
* * *
actual weight lost/gained since 7/20/11: a total of 12.75 lbs LOST!!
* * *
accountability on cholesterol intake: I am still very  successfully keeping my intake under 200mg per day; most days, it's even under 100mg per day!
* * * * *

check out my livestrong widget over there =====>
(scroll down)


I had a great week last week, and this week I feel like I'm back in a slump!  I did have surgery last Friday so that's my excuse.  I barely ate a thing Friday and Saturday and really not tons since then either.  At least, my intake was well within my limits.  However, I GAINED 3 lbs overnight after the surgery?!?!?!  It's been a huge struggle to get that off.  I don't even know how that happened!!  This is so frustrating and discouraging!


I've tried to exercise even just for a few minutes but even a few minutes is making me nauseous right now, so exercise is apparently not going to be a big thing for the short term.  I've been able to increase a little bit each day, but still doing fairly low-key exercises.  Still just doing Wii Fit, but I'm a little limited because of this:




It's hard to do anything that requires arm movements right now!!  My home activity level is also markedly decreased because of this limitation.  No picking up Peyton!!  It is making things a little difficult.


I just want to get this weight off!!!  Going to have to work extra hard if I want to reach my goal.  I had lost about 14 lbs as of the day before my surgery 0.2 lbs higher than last week!  No one ever said this was going to be easy, I guess!!  I'm trying to keep my chin up but it's hard!  I feel like I'm sliding back to square one!  I know 0.2 lbs isn't much AT ALL, but it's frustrating all the same.  I'm sure with extreme dedication today I can reach my lowest weight yet in just a day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.