Sunday, August 21, 2011

Things I Love About...Worship Choir!

Last August, I conquered a major fear and auditioned for our church's worship choir, and made it!  We sing about once a month - and when we sing, we sing at all the services on that particular weekend.

We had the summer off and this weekend, we are BACK!!

I just love worship choir.
I don't have many things that I do outside of home that don't involve Peyton (or Moira even).
This is just for me.
But it's my time that I get to spend with the Lord.
Rehearsals are fun and social and all that is wonderful.
But what I really love is when we get to sing at our worship services.

Worship Choir with the Worship Band - February 2011
It is such an amazing experience to sing with this incredibly talented group of people.
The band is absolutely top-notch.
I'd never sang as part of a choir with a band before joining the worship choir - it's such a different experience.
It's amazing.  There's that word again.  Amazing.

My friend Tara and I - February 2011
I've met so many beautiful people in the year that I've been part of the choir.
This group is like a small group.
We share praises.
We share prayer requests.
We feel for those who are hurting.
It's like an extension of family.
These people are part of a huge church family.

Easter - April 2011
Oh...but worship services.
That's where it's really at.
I LOVE singing at worship services - whether it's a regular Sunday or for First Wednesday.
You see, it's at this time when it's evident that it's not about me.
It's not about the choir.
It's not about the band.
It's about giving praise.
It's about singing praises to God.  To my heavenly Father.
It is during this time of praise that I close my eyes and raise my hands and give thanks go Him.
I cry out to Him in song.
I praise and worship Him in song.
I sing of my love for Him.
It is a special time (though we are up on a stage in front of people) 
when I feel especially close to the Lord, just praising Him.
I am not thinking about anything but the song and my God.
I love singing in church even when the choir isn't singing.
But there's something very special about when I am singing with the choir
that draws me so much closer to the Lord.

I love my worship choir family!

Stage set for our current series called "#Trending"

Psalm 7:17 (NIV)


 17 I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.