Monday, August 29, 2011

Flowers Make Life A Little Lovelier

On Friday, August 26th, I had a little surgery on my elbow to remove a "bump".  It wasn't a major surgery at all.  In fact, by the time surgery day came, I was pretty excited to have it gone.  Yesterday, Sunday, I found myself in the post-surgical dumps.  I was in tears and finding myself really depressed.  I've been trying so hard to be positive and more up-beat and thinking about all the blessings in my life.  All I could think about was anything but these things.  I even managed to get out to church yesterday morning,  It was a great message, but even still, I was fighting off nausea the whole time.  When I got home, I just went back to bed.  I had gained 3 pounds after surgery.  3 POUNDS!!!!  How does that happen when you aren't eating much?!?!?!  It's coming off, but man, what a downer!  Then I thought of other things that just got me down.  Then our internet and home phone went out.  Ron called AT&T and it's not expected to be back in service until September 3rd!!!  What's a girl to do whose life is online???  I blog.  I read blogs.  I have Peyton's calendar of appointments.  All...online!!  I may or may not be connected to someone else's unsecured network right now.  Anyway, I was pretty down last night.  I woke up just a little down but a little better.

Bound up after surgery for a couple days.
This morning I came out to the kitchen to sit down to try to get connected.  I saw these and they just brightened my morning.  I just love fresh flowers.  They make me smile on the inside and outside.  Feeling a little less down.  Still in pain, but a little less down.


The red roses were actually for Peyton's home nurse, but I enjoyed them
while they were here in the house!


Dressing came off yesterday.  Ouch!!!
So, today I'm going to try my best to keep my chin up and smile at the blessings in my life.  I'm going to try really hard to focus not on the pain and the not so good things, but on the good things I have seen over the past few days.  So grateful and thankful for the support received from family and friends.

Matthew 6:28-29 (NLT)


 28 “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, 29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.









Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.