Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What's For Dinner??

Ok, so I'm not going to lie, people.  I am thoroughly exhausted beyond comprehension right now.  I have essentially been up since 4:30 this morning with Peyton, who was coughing and throwing up.  Thank God for home nursing for her because I wound up calling the doctor and she is a sick little kid today.  You can read about that over HERE.  At least I was able to try to catch a little snooze this afternoon.  All that said...I still needed to eat supper tonight and someone had to cook it!

I have to say that I really wasn't wanting to cook...at all.  I'm tired.  I want to sleep, not cook.  However, if the past few days of reading have taught me anything, it's that I need to set aside distractions and focus on what God wants me to do.  I am choosing to look at my sleep-deprived state as a distraction because all I can think about is sleep.  I am also choosing to look at this as an opportunity to grow and work on those 1% Changes.  I have an opportunity to serve my family.  I'm choosing to put their need to be fed ahead of my desperate need for sleep.

Without further ado, here's my creation.  It's somewhat based on a recipe I found on the Campbell's Soup website, but it's not exactly the same.

Quick and Easy Pork Loin

 Add 1/2 tsp vegetable oil to a pan.
Add pork loin, sliced.
Season pork - I used celery salt and a dash of paprika.

Brown on both sides until done.  Remove from pan.

Chop a medium sized onion and add to pan.
Add 1/2 tsp dried thyme and saute until tender.

Add 1 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup.
Add 1/4 cup water.
Mix together with the onions and thyme until blended.

Add the cooked pork loin to the mixture. 

 Meanwhile, cook up some rice per the package directions.
I used 2 cups (uncooked) rice for this recipe.

When the rice is cooked, add to the mixture in the pan.

Stir it all together!

I made corn as a veggie tonight.

Voila! 

So, for being extremely tired, I actually did manage to whip up a nice cooked meal for the family.  If you compare my recipe above with the actual Campbell's Soup recipe, you'll notice differences.  They used Cream of Celery soup.  They used chopped up celery.  There are some differences, but I used what I had on hand.  Total time spent preparing this meal was about 30 minutes from start to finish.  I had no idea how it would taste, but I actually did enjoy it very much.  It's not vegetarian.  I'm sure it's not exactly low fat.  It's really nothing very fancy at all.  It's just very easy and quick.  It's about all I could handle today!!  The clean-up part isn't difficult either!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.