Monday, July 11, 2011

Things I Love About...Charleston!

Ok, so this morning's post was pretty heavy.  I will admit that.  So I thought I'd post something a little more light-hearted!

I love Charleston.  I don't know, maybe you've never heard me say that....but I LOVE Charleston and am so glad to call it home.  We are transplants from Houston, TX (moved here in August 2008).  I will apologize for anyone/anything I leave off the list, but I'm seriously limiting myself here, ok?!

TEN FIVE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT CHARLESTON:

It's got a really cool bridge!  The Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge connects Charleston with Mount Pleasant.

Ravenel Bridge
Proximity to the Atlantic Ocean.  Whether it's Isle of Palms or Sullivan's Island, the beach here is amazing.

Pier at Isle of Palms
Amazingly gorgeous old homes and buildings in the historic downtown area.

Window boxes overflow with beautiful blossoms in spring
Proximity to so many historic sites such as Fort Sumter, Boone Hall Plantation, Middleton Place, Magnolia Plantation & Gardens, Drayton Hall, Fort Moultrie, and so on.  I have yet to see so many of the places I want to see - but it's right at my doorstep when the time comes!

Remains of the steps leading to the entrance of the original home at
Middleton Place which was destroyed in the Civil War
Oh, my goodness.  I could just go on and on and on forever about things I love about Charleston, but I did limit myself to five things, didn't I?!

So...things and places are great.  But Charleston wouldn't feel anything remotely close to HOME if it weren't for the PEOPLE we have met here!  Whether it's friends we've met through Ron's work or our church family, we are beyond grateful for the relationships we've established and for the friendships we're still cultivating.  I know I've found some friends here who will be lifelong friends.  Love you!!

I just love Pam!
(taken at the airport before she left for a missions trip to South Africa last month)

My church people!  I'm up there somewhere singing with the Seacoast Worship Choir!
I love my church!!
Photo taken Easter 2011

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.