Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday

So, I'm sitting here in the hospital with Peyton and the thought came to me that I should have some sort of weekly segment.  I want to call it:

thankful thursday

It's been a bit of a tough week.  I thought, you know, with so much negative going on, I'm really trying to remain positive and remain close to God through it all.  I don't want to be overwhelmed by the negative and find myself in a downward spiral.  I started recounting all the little things that have happened this week and thought about doing this segment each week.  We can get so caught up in the day to day, even if it's not negative, that we can overlook the true blessings that have happened.

So here goes.  This week, I am blessed by the following things:

*this blog
for having a creative outlet to express my faith
for the new bloggy friends I've made
for the chance to hopefully reach out to someone who needs to hear something I have to share

* Seacoast Church on Sunday
thankful to God that if Peyton had to be sick enough to wind up in the hospital, that He chose to bless me with the opportunity to have my Sunday church time to receive an awesome message and to have an opportunity to grow even closer to Him in that setting

* strength
facing the first anniversary of my mother's death was not something I was looking forward to, but I made it through

* MUSC medical team
from the doctor who our home nurse called, who recommended we get Peyton to the ER, to the ER medical team who took care of Peyton, to the nursing staff on 7A, to the physicians who care for Peyton, we are truly blessed to have an amazing medical support system for her

* modern genetics testing
the advances in genetics testing in the 5 years since Peyton's birth have finally unlocked a piece to the puzzle that is Peyton, even though more testing is needed to see if we can actually get a diagnosis

* hospital volunteers
to whoever put on the "family dinner" up on the 8th floor - an opportunity for parents of children in the hospital here to get a nice home cooked free meal - I am so thankful; Peyton's hospital stays never come at a financially opportune moment for us and this helped greatly

* family and friends
to all our family and friends who I know are praying for sweet Peyton as she is in the hospital yet again, I am truly blessed and thankful

* home nurses
for an amazing team of home nurses for Peyton who do all they can to prevent us from winding up in the hospital but who care for her and love her and are so supportive of us when she does; praying that God blesses them financially in some way as they are losing out on shifts while Peyton is in the hospital
for an incredible home nurse who has gone above and beyond for us during this time - by helping us out with Moira since she has some unexpected time off - sleepovers and having some quality one on one time with Peyton's nurse have been a real boost for Moira - beyond grateful and incredibly blessed for the love and generosity she has poured out on our family

* my immediate family
 for Ron and Moira who are without me and Peyton at home right now - for their sacrifices while they wait for us to come home; for a loving and devoted husband/daddy who does abundantly more than I could ask or imagine for his family; for a precious 7 year old who must be so confused at times with her little sister being in the hospital so much - for the strength God has graced her with to get through what must be some pretty tough trials for a kid her age, I am eternally grateful

* God
for all the blessings He has poured out on us during this time, I am eternally grateful; I am well aware of the rich blessings He has chosen to bestow on us during this time - and I'm sure there are many more which I haven't listed here; I couldn't have made it through this week without Him!


Ezekiel 34:26 (NLT)
26 I will bless my people and their homes around my holy hill. And in the proper season I will send the showers they need. There will be showers of blessing.


What are YOU thankful for this week?
Have a wonderful week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.