Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Little Bit of 'Normal'

Back in April, I wrote a post on being 'normal'.  With Peyton, 'normal' doesn't rear its head too often, so when it happens, I embrace it!  Actually, health-wise, things have been fairly good for Peyton lately, as evidenced by the lack of posts on her CaringBridge page lately.  She's had a few rough days this week, but otherwise, doing ok!  But Peyton had a BIG day today!

Peyton has had these two loose teeth for a few months or so.  I check them daily because I am afraid that the teeth will fall out and she will swallow them and possibly aspirate them!  I don't know if that's possible, but considering she's a child who can't have anything by mouth and does aspirate even her own secretions, it's a chance I'm not wanting to take!  So this morning I checked one of the two teeth and it clicked when I wiggled it. Sure enough it was way loose.  Like, ready to come out now loose.  I put on medical gloves, got a little baby washcloth and....

Check it out!  Now I'm missing FOUR teeth!  (bottom gap is the new one)
I was pretty excited!  A tooth came out!!  It literally came out in fewer than five wiggles.  She laughed.  She did not fuss at all.  And she hates having anything being done with her mouth.

I got her cleaned up and took some pictures.

Peyton was making funny faces as she was exploring the strange sensation
of a missing tooth in her mouth.
I decided, you know, I'd really better check that other loose tooth again.  Just to be on the safe side.  It didn't feel quite as loose, but something was nagging at me to check it.  Nope.  Not as loose, but it was pretty loose.  I donned the gloves and got another baby washcloth...

Oh my goodness!!
So in the space of about 20 minutes, Peyton lost her 7th and 8th teeth this morning.  Most of the 20 minutes was spent taking pictures between lost teeth.  The actual tooth-pulling was very quick and easy.

This all may seem really trivial to some, but to me this is a big day!  Not much random 'normal' kid stuff happens with Peyton, so this was a big day for her!  This is the one part of her development over 5 years that seems to be on track, so I'm loving this!!  I appreciate you letting me brag on her for a couple moments!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.