Sunday, July 17, 2011

Do You Want it All?

How many of you ladies want to 'do it all' but are so overwhelmed, frustrated, and stressed beyond belief with life to even be able to imagine this being possible?  May I recommend a book??

"can i have and do it all, please?" by Christine Caine


This is a fast read but it has a lot of information well worth going back and studying in more depth.  I picked it up one evening at church after hearing Christine Caine speak live and in person.  Afterwards, they were selling her books and there was an opportunity to meet Ms. Caine and have her sign the books you purchased.  I was drawn to this particular book because my life, particularly at that time, was quite overwhelming.  Who am I kidding?!?!  It still is!!

This book puts an amazing new perspective on what it means to have and do it all.  It is making me think harder about what this means for me.  I'm thinking about my purpose in life.

I really do not want to spoil anything for you because this book, I find, is so empowering that you need to read it for yourself and meditate on what it means for you.  I know I wanted to re-read it as soon as I finished it!  I haven't...yet!  In a nutshell, the book talks about the value we place on ourselves; our identity and relationships; and how to endure!

That's all I'm going to say for now.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would really encourage you to find a copy and read it for yourselves!


Ephesians 3:20-23

New International Version (NIV)

 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.