Sunday, July 17, 2011

Do You Really Know Your Man?

I am on a roll!!  I have just finished my third book in less than a week!!  This is almost unheard of.  I think the area of "1% changes" involves a lot of self-discovery.  I've been limiting my time spent on "mindless" activity and have been putting a much more concerted effort into reading books about how to make changes - whether finding what my hidden arts are trying to figure out how it's possible to do and have it all.  I buy a lot of books.  Unfortunately, they seem to have a habit of getting shelved and left unread for a while.  Right now, I believe I'm kind of starting in a new season of life - one of personal change and of building relationships, particularly with God but also with those around me.  So, out come those books!  Perhaps they were left unread until I was in the right season to read them!  While my blog isn't really a "book review" kind of blog, I do want to be able to share information with you that I have personally found to be beneficial in the hopes that perhaps you might find it beneficial as well.

I have just finished reading yet another quick read which has been very inspirational for me:

by
shaunti feldhahn


I learned about this book many many months ago when Ms. Feldhahn came to speak at our church.  I was so impressed (truly, I was!) with what she spoke about that I had to buy this book.  Sadly for me, I only just now read it.  I am so glad I finally did!

Newsflash!!  Women are not wired the same as men!!!  This book is geared towards women in an effort to help us understand why our spouse or significant other is the way they are.  We may make assumptions all the time about why men do or think the things they do, but you know what they say about people who assume...

I really feel like this book opened my eyes to how my husband must feel in certain situations.  The book is based on a survey that was conducted and I asked my husband the questions that were in the book so that I could get an idea for where he was on those issues.  It really was interesting.  The book covers issues such as love versus respect, the male need to provide, visual temptations for men, romance, appearance and, ahem, even sex.  Don't worry, it's not going to make you turn a hundred shades of red.  It's a book that is statistically based, but comes from a Christian background.

This is another book which I would strongly recommend to women who are in committed relationships!


*you might also want to check out shaunti feldhahn's other books:
for men only
for women only: the bible study
for women only: discussion guide
for women only in the workplace
the life ready woman
for parents only
for young women only
for young men only
for couples only

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.