Friday, July 15, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 28 in Review

I just finished week twenty-eight of the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a. "Twitter Bible Study")!  For any new followers, I am officially 53.7% of my way through a "chronological reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  Since the beginning of the year, I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been reading the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past several weeks.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.  The purpose of posting it on my blog is really so I can have a record somewhere, with tags for the books of the Bible so that I can easily go back and reference these little nuggets of "wisdom."  Please feel free to read and comment if you like.  Who knows, maybe some of my insights will be helpful to someone along the way.


Let me re-cap this week just in case you did not see the posts on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll add links for the biblical reference so you don't even have to dig out your own Bible!


Day 190 - On that day of judgment, how will the Lord see me? Are the things I do pleasing in the Lord's eyes?  Isaiah 1 - 4


Day 191 -  Isaiah 8 - We are called to put hope/trust in the Lord. Obey His teachings and teach others. Thankful for God who lifts me out of darkness.  Isaiah 5 - 8


Day 192 - Do not be indifferent towards God. He is not indifferent towards you. "Do what is good and run from evil so that you may live!" Amos 5:14  Amos 1 - 5


Day 193 - Let me never be so arrogant as to think that my sins will go unpunished/unnoticed. Let me cry out to God daily & ask 4 forgiveness. Amos 6 - 9


Day 194 - Isaiah 12 Trusting and believing in a mighty God who HAS done wonderful things - now and always. Praying I never lose sight of this!  2 Chronicles 27, Isaiah 9 - 12


Day 195 - Micah 6:8 Requirements: "to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." He is compassionate/faithful/love unfailing.  Micah 1 - 7


Day 196 - 2 Kings 17 How many times must we be warned/how much destruction must happen b4 we decide to turn from sin and commit wholly to the Lord?  2 Chronicles 28, 2 Kings 16 - 17

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.