Thursday, July 7, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 27 in Review

I just finished week twenty-seven of the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  For any new followers, I am officially 51.8% of my way through a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  Since the beginning of the year, I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been reading the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past several weeks.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.  The purpose of posting it on my blog is really so I can have a record somewhere, with tags for the books of the Bible so that I can easily go back and reference these little nuggets of "wisdom".  Please feel free to read and comment if you like.  Who knows, maybe some of my insights will be helpful to someone along the way.

Let me re-cap this week just in case you did not see the posts on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll add links for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig out your own Bible!


Day 183 - 2 Kings 4 God will provide for our needs, even at times in our life when it seems like a solution is impossible.  2 Kings 1 - 4


Day 184 - 2 Kings 5 When God answers a prayer in a way you don't expect, be humble & obey rather than be angry that u aren't being answered YOUR way.  2 Kings 5 - 8


Day 185 - Even amidst turbulent times, the Lord is there to guide our steps. We just need to listen and obey wholeheartedly.  2 Kings 9 - 11


Day 186 - 2 Chron 24:1-22 Not everyone is going to agree with reforms you've made, no matter how good your intentions - even those closest to you.  2 Kings 12 - 13, 2 Chronicles 24


Day 187 - 2 Chron 25:19 When you let pride get in your way, you risk bringing about trouble, even where there may not have been any to begin with.  2 Kings 14, 2 Chronicles 25


Day 188 - Jonah 4 When God has change of plans w/ where He is leading, do not get angry-realize He may just have a reason for His redirection.  Jonah 1 - 4


Day 189 - 2 Chron 26:16 Obedience to God can bring about great change for you. Be careful not to let pride in or u may wind up worse off than before.  2 Kings 15, 2 Chronicles 26

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.