Thursday, June 23, 2011

When Trust In The Lord Is Tested

A couple days ago, I had the opportunity to write a guest blog over at Naptime Diaries.  I could write about anything, and I chose to write about trusting in the Lord and finding strength when you're feeling completely exhausted and worn down by the situations you find yourself in.  Little did I know that the words I wrote that day would be used to minister to me today.

Today I found out that Peyton's nursing hours are being reduced from 84 hours a week to 70 hours a week.  While 84 and even 70 hours may seem incredible to you, you have to live in our shoes to realize that every one of those hours counts for me.  They are necessary.  Not just for Peyton, but for the quality of life for our family.  I immediately was upset and started to get really down about this situation.  Our life is anything but normal and our family isn't exactly Ward and June Cleaver.  We need the help, and to suddenly be told the help we're getting is being reduced, with the potential to be reduced again in a month (my guess is down to 56 hours!!), is downright depressing!

I let myself have my "moment"...or ten.  Ok, maybe it was about 60 or 80 moments.  But then I just sat still and thought, "Lord, give me a word."  I closed my eyes for but a moment and this came to mind:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

Why was this word significant??  Go to the guest blog I wrote (linking it again HERE).  I had also written on my own blog about trusting in the Lord back on June 2.  It has really sunk in now that this is how the Lord is calling me to live - to fully trust in HIM and to not depend on that which I know that is of this world.  Truthfully, I don't get it - I don't get why we're losing hours.  I want to say how unfair it is.  But I can't.  This word stops me from complaining now.  I said I had my moments and I was unhappy and down.  Ok, I'm still not thrilled, but I'm going to TRUST IN THE LORD and rely on HIS word to get me through this newest difficulty.

Have faith.  Lean on the Lord.  Trust.

And revel in the simple pleasures of life...like pie!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.