Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sisterly Love



Ok, so I've been on a bit of a blogging roll the past couple of days.  Sorry if it's blog post overload, but I HAD to share this moment!

I was just going about switching laundry loads and ironing a few things for tomorrow.  I went into Peyton's room and this is what I found.  Moira had climbed in to Peyton's crib (it's a large hospital-type crib) and was sitting next to her sister reading a little Dr. Suess.  It was one of those moments where I was just so proud of Moira for the amazing big sister that she is to Peyton.  They're so different - it's just our reality having a special needs child.  It's kind of like having two only children sometimes.  They can't play together.  Moira will sometimes play with Peyton, but it's a fairly one-sided thing.  Moira has a love for her sister that is truly special.  I believe they do have a unique bond.  Moira is such a great big sister who is filled with so much love for Peyton.  It really warmed my heart to see this tonight.  I feel incredibly blessed.

"Train up a child in the way he should go,
Even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.