Thursday, June 30, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 26 in Review

I just finished week twenty-six of the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I am officially 49.9% of my way through a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  Half-way there!!  If you are new to this blog, let me explain.  Since the beginning of the year, I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been reading the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past several weeks.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.  The purpose of posting it on my blog is really so I can have a record somewhere, with tags for the books of the Bible so that I can easily go back and reference these little nuggets of "wisdom".  Please feel free to read and comment if you like.  Who knows, maybe some of my insights will be helpful to someone along the way.


Let me re-cap Week 26 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.


Week 26 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 176 - 2 Chron 15:15 When you earnestly seek the Lord, you will find him. You will find rest in him. Seek him wholeheartedly & find strength in him  1 Kings 15, 2 Chronicles 13 - 16

Day 177 - 1 Kings 16 & 2 Chron 17 Disobedience to the Lord leads to destruction. Fear of the Lord/obedience will lead to strength/blessings.Choose one 1 Kings 16, 2 Chronicles 17

Day 178 - 1 Kings 17 Listening to & obeying God will allow u to see that He provides in time of need. Obeying God can have life-changing consequences!  1 Kings 17 - 19


Day 179 - 1 Kings 20:11 You never know what situations are going to present themselves. Don't boast about the victory before you step into the battle!  1 Kings 20 - 21

Day 180 - 2 Chron 18 Before any big decisions it is always wise to seek a word from God on the issue. God's word, however, may not be what you expect.  1 Kings 22, 2 Chronicles 18

Day 181 - 1 Chron 20 In times of great strife, fear not, lean on God - His love endures forever. He is with you.  2 Chronicles 19 - 23

Day 182 - Do not gloat over "victory" which causes other to suffer; God will render judgment one day - all those deeds will come back to you.  Obadiah 1

That's it!  Happy Canada Day (July 1) and Independence Day (July 4).  Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.