Friday, June 24, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 25 in Review

I just finished week twenty-five of the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  The half-way point is near in the "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  If you are new to this blog, let me explain.  Since the beginning of the year, I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been reading the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past several weeks.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.  The purpose of posting it on my blog is really so I can have a record somewhere, with tags for the books of the Bible so that I can easily go back and reference these little nuggets of "wisdom".  Please feel free to read and comment if you like.  Who knows, maybe some of my insights will be helpful to someone along the way.

Let me re-cap Week 25 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want. 

Week 25 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 169 - Prov 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend."//We are molded/shaped by those who surround us. Use this for God's glory!  Proverbs 27 - 29

Day 170 - Ecc 3 It is impossible to know the whole scope of God's plan. Enjoy everything He has given to us for we don't know how long we will have it  Ecclesiastes 1 - 6

Day 171 - Ecc 12:14 Fear God & obey his commands. In the end we will be held accountable for all our actions - even those things held in secret by us.  Ecclesiastes 7 - 12

Day 172 - 1 Kings 11 If the one you love causes you to turn your heart from God, He will have an answer for that. Be wise about who you choose to love  1 Kings 10 - 11, 2 Chronicles 9

Day 173 - Prov 31:10-31 Praying that I can become the godly woman that God has designed me to be. Praying for grace/strength/dignity in all situations  Proverbs 30 - 31

Day 174 - 1 Kings 14 Respect leaders but be wise with your allegiances. If they are not following God's will you may be led down a path of destruction  1 Kings 12 - 14

Day 175 - 2 Chronicles 12:1 Don't abandon God b/c u are strong and think u don't need Him. Humble yourself before Him always and obey wholeheartedly.  2 Chronicles 10 - 12

That's it!  Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.