Thursday, June 16, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 24 in Review

Twenty-four weeks into the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I'm fast approaching the half-way point in  a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been read the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past several weeks.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Let me re-cap Week 24 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 24 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 162 - 1 Kings 5-6 So many details! It's not just the end result that matters, it's ensuring all the fine details are addressed along the way.  1 Kings 5 - 6, 2 Chronicles 2 - 3

Day 163 - 1 Kings 7 We should all take such great care and precision with the work we do to honor God. Is the work we do pleasing to Him?  1 Kings 7, 2 Chronicles 4

Day 164 - 1 Kings 8 Follow God's will and obey Him. He will always be with you, will fulfill His promises and will never fail you.  1 Kings 8, 2 Chronicles 5

Day 165 - Ps 136 For everything He has done for & given us in this world, give thanks. Even the difficult things. Know that His love endures forever!!  2 Chronicles 6 - 7, Psalm 136

Day 166 - Ps 146:8 "The Lord lifts up those who are weighed down."//Such a comfort in a time when so many people are bearing tremendous burdens.  Psalms 134, 146 - 150

Day 167 - 1 Kings 9 The Lord asked Solomon to follow Him with "integrity and godliness". Shouldn't that be something we all strive for?  1 Kings 9, 2 Chronicles 8

Day 168 - Prov 26:24-26 Don't be fooled by those who disguise their hatred with pleasant/kind words. Their evil hearts will one day be revealed.  Proverbs 25 - 26

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.