Friday, June 10, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 23 in Review

Twenty-three weeks into the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I'm fast approaching the half-way point in  a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been read the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past several weeks.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Let me re-cap Week 23 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 23 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 155 - Prov 4:7 "Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do! And whatever else you do, develop good judgment."/Praying for wisdom/guidance daily  Proverbs 4 - 6

Day 156 - Prov 9 There is much wisdom to be gained and good judgment to be learned by leading a Christ-centered life. Praying to be more Christ-like.  Proverbs 7 - 9

Day 157 - Prov 10-12 Better to speak less & have your words be wise, true and life-giving than to run your mouth and risk hurting yourself or another.  Proverbs 10 - 12

Day 158 - Prov 14:30 "A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body..."//So many physical ailments arise from lack of peace. Praying for peace/wisdom.  Proverbs 13 - 15

Day 159 - Prov 18:24 There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.//Grateful 4 the gift of real friends.  Proverbs 16 - 18

Day 160 - Prov 20:7 "The godly walk with integrity; blessed are their children who follow them."//I pray that I may be that kind of example to my kids  Proverbs 19 - 21

Day 161 - Prov 22:6 Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it./I pray that I can lead my children well  Proverbs 22 - 24

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.