Friday, June 3, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 22 in Review

Twenty-two weeks into the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I'm fast approaching the half-way point in  a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been read the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past several weeks.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Let me re-cap Week 22 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 22 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 148 - Ps 118:29 "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!His faithful love endures forever."/Praise God for this assurance!He IS good all the time  Psalms 111 - 118

Day 149 - Ps 71 May we always proclaim God's greatness so that our lives will be an example to the generations to come so as to advance His kingdom.  1 Kings 1 - 2, Psalms 37, 71, 94

Day 150 - Ps 119:37 Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word.//Praying for wisdom to turn fully towards what He desires.  Psalm 119

Day 151 - 1 Kings 3:7-14 When you aren't sure how to handle a situation, turn to God and pray for wisdom rather than asking for things of this world.  1 Kings 3 - 4

Day 152 - Ps 72 A wonderful blessing for leaders. Perhaps a prophesy about the coming of Christ."Let the whole earth be filled w/His glory."  2 Chronicles 1, Psalm 72

Day 153 - Song of Solomon 1-8 How do we speak of/regard the one we love? That's about all I've got to say about this book of the Bible...

Day 154 - Prov 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding."/Learning this w/med fragile child...HE knows her.  Proverbs 1 - 3  I felt compelled to expand on this beyond the Daily Wisdom Challenge.  You can read about that HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.