Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Calm Quiet of the Morning

Moira
Peyton

It's 7:36 a.m. on Saturday.  I've been wanting to share something that I just love.  I love my children immensely.  But what I love more than you can imagine is what you see in these images.  I see my two beautiful daughters sleeping soundly...peacefully...calmly.  What I see is picture-perfect.  You see, what is captured here is one of my absolute most favorite moments of the day.  It is the single moment of my day when all seems right with the world.  Everything is "normal".  In fact, this morning wound up looking more normal than most.

Why is this so special, you may ask??

Peyton.  Look at Peyton.  This is the one moment of the day when she's just like any other 5 year old sleeping soundly before a hectic morning is about to begin.  You don't hear the sound of her pulse ox monitor beeping away in this picture, but it's there.  But when you look at her, you just see this precious child.  Last night, she was up so incredibly late and her oxygen saturation was so good that I didn't even manage to get her nasal canula on to put her on oxygen last night, which is normally there.  So there is also the absence of that piece of equipment in this picture.  She just looks like any other child.  She is beautiful and peaceful.  When I gaze at her during this moment of the day, my heart and mind fill with the possibilities out there for her.  I don't see her illness or her limitations.  All of that is chronicled HERE.

This moment of my day is so special.  It's perfect.  It is a gift from God.  A moment of rest in our otherwise chaotic life.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

"Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him."  Psalm 62:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.