Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Rock

Ron - Gatlinburg, TN (5/01/11)

Yesterday, Ron had a birthday.  Circumstances being what they are, it didn't exactly go as planned (was there even a plan??).  Our nurse called in sick, so I had no help during the day.  I accept that - it happens.  I had been hoping, though, that I'd get an opportunity to go to lunch with Ron since we'd have a nurse.  We didn't, so...we didn't.  Ron had a great lunch out with some work friends.  Can't say as I share their love for artery-clogging hot dogs, but I'm glad they had a good time!  I thought maybe we could have gone out for dinner - me, Moira and Ron - we didn't.  I'm not sure Ron was up for a big dinner anyway after eating said artery-clogging hot dog for lunch.  A whole lot of other factors thrown into the mix and it wasn't exactly what I would have desired if it were my birthday.  Life happens.  Circumstances make our life a little more "interesting" at times.

I thought about things, though.  For as much as I was feeling anxious on the inside about how this wasn't the way I wanted Ron's birthday to go....Ron wasn't sharing that feeling.  Typical Ron, he took the day in stride, didn't grumble, complain or express any sentiment about the day being anything unusual.  He's the "checks an balances" in the family.  He's the one who balances things out.  He's the calm to my storm.  He's my rock.  There are so many ways where Ron shows me how I could handle things to make situations easier on myself. He rarely gets upset.  Rarely.  It takes something pretty big for him to blow up over something.  It's rare.

So, to Ron - HAPPY BIRTHDAY again...a day after.  Thank you for who you are.  Thank you for what you stand for.  Thank you for what you believe in.  Thank you for binding our family together.  Thank you for your steadfast faith in us, our family, and most of all GOD.

I love you!!

Ephesians 5:28-30 (NIV) 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 


1 Timothy 5:8 (NIV) 8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.



1 Peter 3:7-12 (NIV) Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

Suffering for Doing Good
 8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 10 For,   “Whoever would love life
   and see good days
must keep their tongue from evil
   and their lips from deceitful speech.
11 They must turn from evil and do good;
   they must seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous
   and his ears are attentive to their prayer,
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.