Thursday, May 26, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 21 in Review

Twenty-one weeks into the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been read the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past several weeks.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Let me re-cap Week 21 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 21 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 141 - Ps 57 "Be exalted, O God..." for He created us, has purpose for us, protects us, shows mercy, rescues us, and has unfailing love for us.  2 Samuel 22 - 23, Psalm 57

Day 142 - Ps 95 Look at all the wonders God has done. Rejoice in Him. Do not harden your hearts towards Him - He watches out for each of us.  Psalms 95, 97 - 99

Day 143 - 1 Chron 22 How readily do we bless those who carry out a task which should have been ours to complete but isn't because of our failings?  2 Samuel 24, 1 Chronicles 21 - 22, Psalm 30

Day 144 - Ps 108:12-13 When things seem helpless, know God is still there and is able to do mighty things to help you overcome those 'giants'.  Psalms 108 - 110

Day 145 - 1 Chron 24 Tasks for the service of God assigned w/out preference. We are all uniquely gifted but should be prepared to be used in any way.  1 Chronicles 23 - 25

Day 146 - Ps 138:8 "The Lord will work out his plans for my life" - quite simply, He knew all before we were born. He has a plan - trust in Him.  Psalms 131, 138 - 139, 143 - 145

Day 147 - Ps 127:3-5 Children are a gift from God. A reward/blessing from Him. We need to ensure we raise them well so they may advance His kingdom.  1 Chronicles 26 - 29, Psalm 127

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.