Friday, May 13, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 19 in Review

Nineteen weeks into the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been read the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past several weeks.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Let me re-cap Week 19 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 19 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 127 - No matter our current position in life, God can use us for great things. He will be with us and He will equip us to do His will.  2 Samuel 6 - 7, 1 Chronicles 17

Day 128 - Ps 29:11 "The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace." // Know that He is with you through all your trials.  Psalms 25, 29, 33, 36, 39

Day 129 - 2 Sam 9 When we've had a bad history with someone, do our hard feelings extend beyond that person to the rest of their family?Love everyone.  2 Samuel 8 - 9, 1 Chronicles 18

Day 130 - Ps 75 Save your judgment. God alone will do that. Put your energy into glorifying Him for the godly will increase in power, not the wicked.  Psalms 50, 53, 60, 75

Day 131 - 1 Chron 19:2-4 Sometimes our insecurities can lead us to do foolish things. Those things can lead to unexpected negative consequences.  2 Samuel 10, 1 Chronicles 19, Psalm 20

Day 132 - Ps 65 God has done countless wondrous things yet He still has time to hear our prayers/forgive us. What overwhelms us doesn't overwhelm God.  Psalms 65 - 67, 69 - 70

Day 133 - 2 Sam 11 Sin to cover up another sin is still a sin. We should be prepared to accept the consequences for our actions.  2 Samuel 11 - 12, 1 Chronicles 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.