Thursday, April 28, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 17 in Review

Seventeen weeks into the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been read the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past several weeks.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Let me re-cap Week 17 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 17 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 113 - Sometimes it is good to stop and recount the details of your lineage to figure out how you came to be. It's often a good reminder.  1 Chronicles 1 - 2

Day 114 - Ps 49 The things of this world are just 'things'...u can't take them with u. Having God in ur life now will ensure life w/Him beyond death.  Psalms 43 - 45, 49, 84 - 85, 87

Day 115 - So many clans waging war on others. Those who served God had much different outcome than those who didn't. Got God on ur side??  1 Chronicles 3 - 5

Day 116 - We should try to recall the great things God has done for us, rejoice & follow him rather than not being satisfied & losing His favor.  Psalms 73, 77 - 78

Day 117 - 1 Chronicles 6:31-48 The first worship team in recorded history?!  1 Chronicles 6

Day 118 - Ps 93:5 "Your royal laws cannot be changed. Your reign, O Lord, is holy forever and ever."//Thank you God for this one sure thing!  Psalms 81, 88, 92 - 93

Day 119 - May I always seek guidance from the Lord and not look to things that just seem like a good idea at the time.  1 Chronicles 7 - 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.