Thursday, April 21, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 16 in Review

Sixteen weeks into the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been read the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past several weeks.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Let me re-cap Week 16 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 16 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 106 - When everything around you is against you cry out to God. He is your refuge. He is merciful. Throughout the ages, HE never fails. Psalms 56, 120, 140-142

Day 107 - Seeking vengeance when goodness is repaid with evil is often the first thought. Sit tight. Wait. God has a way of righting wrongs.  1 Samuel 25 - 27

Day 108 - Nothing compares to God's unfailing love. His love is constant - in that we can trust. When there is nothing else, there is God.  Psalms 17, 35, 54, 63

Day 109 - What you have is from the Lord-don't be selfish with it. Remember where it came from & who allowed you to have what you have!  1 Samuel 28 - 31, Psalm 18

Day 110 - Ps 124:8 "Our help is from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." What more could you want? God who created all is here for each of us.  Psalms 121, 123 - 125, 128 - 130

Day 111 - Saul dies. David refers to him as a mighty hero. How would I react if I found out someone who had been out to get me had just died?  2 Samuel 1 - 4

Day 112 - Ps 14:2 "The Lord looks down from heaven....to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God." What do we seek? Is it God? Is it of God?  Psalms 6, 8 - 10, 14, 16, 19, 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.