Thursday, April 7, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 14 in Review

Fourteen weeks through the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been read the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past several weeks.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Let me re-cap Week 14 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 14 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 92 - If you devise a plan that will get you to the top quickly, but in a way that doesn't honor God, know that He has a way to right that! Judges 8 - 9

Day 93 - Cut off from your family? Parents have questionable values? Think you have no value? God can STILL use you to advance the kingdom! Judges 10 - 12

Day 94 - Here's a story that should make any wife think twice before nagging her husband for information....Judges 13 - 15

Day 95 - Samson prayed to God for strength to defeat the foe, offering up his own life in process. Dedication to the cause of the kingdom! Judges 16 - 18

Day 96 - No leadership; people doing what "seems" right in their eyes. How's that wrking out for us when we don't place God as our leader? Judges 19 - 21

Day 97 - Ruth would not turn her back on Naomi. A choice you make today can impact generations. King David descends from Ruth as a result. Ruth 1 - 4

Day 98 - We need to learn to recognize the voice of God speaking to us so that there is no confusion when it happens. 1 Samuel 1 - 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.