Friday, April 1, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 13 in Review

One quarter of my way through the Bible!!

Today marks the completion of Week 13 of the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been read the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past 91 days.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Let me re-cap Week 13 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 13 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 85 - Continue to serve God wholeheartedly. He doesn't say that fulfillment of promises will be immediate! Have faith-He will provide! Joshua 12 - 15

Day 86 - How often do we wait before claiming what God is offering us? If He is clearly giving us something, claim it! Why wait?! Joshua 16 - 18

Day 87 - EVERYTHING the Lord promised was fulfilled. There should be no doubt that He is true to His word. Joshua 19 - 21

Day 88 - Choose now between false idols & the one true God. Joshua 24:15 "But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”//Amen and Amen!! Joshua 22 - 24

Day 89 - Sad! How quickly God's blessings are ignored/forgotten! We must do our part to raise up generations of believers so He is not lost! Judges 1 - 2

Day 90 - Though we fall away from God at times, when we cry out for help He is there for us and to bring peace in our lives. Trust in that. Judges 3 - 5

Day 91 - No matter how weak or incapable you think you are, you are capable of doing great things to advance the Kingdom on earth. Judges 6 - 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.