Friday, March 25, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 12 in Review

Today marks the completion of Week 12 of the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been read the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past 84 days.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Let me re-cap Week 12 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 12 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 78 - We are called to worship God wholeheartedly and obey His commands -- there will be consequences for actions of disobedience! Deuteronomy 24 - 27

Day 79 - Follow & obey God's commands and be richly blessed. You will be a light to others, for they will see that you walk on His path. Deuteronomy 28 - 29

Day 80 - God knows we're going to sin/fail Him, but He always gives us the choice to receive His blessings...or not. He is always with us. Deuteronomy 30 - 31

Day 81 - With the Lord, we have shelter, refuge, protection, nothing to fear, and the reward of salvation. How awesome is that?!?! Deuteronomy 32 - 34, Psalm 91

Day 82 - Setting up 'memorials' for the things God has done in our lives probably a good thing - can pass the stories down for generations. Joshua 1 - 4

Day 83 - Think you know better than the Lord and can do it your way? Thinking that you can get away with sin? There are consequences for that. Joshua 5 - 8

Day 84 - Original "sun stand still" prayer. Are we bold enough to pray this type of prayer for our needs? God hears our cries for help. Joshua 10 - 12


*Note: Check out an awesome book on the power of praying to God for what seems impossible - Sun Stand Still by Pastor Steven Furtick of Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC. We have heard him preach at Seacoast and he is an amazing and powerful speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.