Friday, March 11, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 10 in Review

Today marks the completion of Week 10 of the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  I have been read the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan for the past 70 days.  Each day I post insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

This time last week, my dad, Moira and I were in the car heading to Orlando, FL.  Hard to believe a week has gone by already!!  I managed to keep up with my daily bible readings while I was away, as well as posting my insight.  We returned home on Sunday.  Our journey included a detour to attend the 11:30am Sunday service at Celebration Church in Jacksonville, FL.  It was awesome to be able to attend a service at a church from which a pastor has come to guest preach at Seacoast.  Celebration's pastor, Stovall Weems, is the pastor behind the "Awakening" 21 day fast movement that Ron and I participated in back in January.  While it was not Pastor Stovall preaching on Sunday, the pastor who did preach was excellent.  I was glad we took the time to go there!

Inside the Sanctuary waiting for service to begin at Celebration Church

Let me re-cap Week 10 for you in case you did not see them on my 
Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 10 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 64 - God's answer is not always what we expect; remember this when repeatedly praying/getting frustrated when answers aren't what we want! Numbers 23 - 25

Day 65 - Be mindful of our actions when we think we are following God; one mis-step can drastically alter His plans for you! Numbers 26 - 27

Day 66 - Quite simple: you make a vow, you don't break it.  Numbers 28 - 30

Day 67 - The Lord knows our sins.  He wants us to live wholeheartedly for Him.  What is blocking us from doing so? Numbers 31 - 32

Day 68 - The journey may seem long/difficult at times; God delivers on His promises-good to remember when answers seem a long time coming. Numbers 33 - 34

Day 69 - More regulations just as folks are settling in. Should always be ready to obey will of God - not just settle in/get comfortable. Numbers 35 - 36

Day 70 - It is good to recount our past journey so we can see what God has said to us and what he has done in our lives.  Deuteronomy 1 - 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.