Friday, February 25, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 8 in Review

Today I completed Week 8 of the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  For 56 days I have read the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan.  I have also written insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) and posted to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

I am happy to say that this past week has been less of a struggle for me in terms of being able to find insight in the verses I am reading.  As Leviticus wrapped up and I moved into Numbers, things just started to seem to come together a little more for me.

Let me re-cap Week 8 for you in case you did not see them on my 
Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 8 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 50 - We should stop to consider how our conduct reflects our relationship with God. It's not just about following the 10 commandments! Leviticus 19 - 21

Day 51 - 'I am the Lord your God' appears over&over. Instructions clearly from Him-shouldn't we be a little more conscious about our conduct? Leviticus 22 - 23

Day 52 - The Lord is very clear on what 'just punishment' is to be - should give one pause to consider their actions before it's too late! Leviticus 24 - 25

Day 53 - Those who obey God's commands will be richly rewarded. The disobedient will witness God's wrath. Choice is ours-what will  it be?? Leviticus 26 - 27

Day 54 - Tabernacle/Covenant are clearly to be protected. What lengths do we go to to ensure protection of that which is precious to us? Numbers 1 - 2

Day 55 - We too are a people set aside to serve the Lord. Many roles to fill in service to Him. All important. All serve a mighty God. Numbers 3 - 4

Day 56 - Grateful for this blessing. Definitely needing God's grace and peace right now. Numbers 5 - 6

*Note: This is the blessing to which I was referring from Numbers 6:

24 “The LORD bless you
   and keep you;
25 the LORD make his face shine on you
   and be gracious to you;
26 the LORD turn his face toward you
   and give you peace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.