Friday, February 18, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 7 in Review

Today ends the the 7th week of the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study")!  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I have been enjoying both the challenge of actually keeping up my daily Bible reading as well as trying to gain insight from what I've read.  For 49 days I have read the daily verses as outlined in my reading plan.  I have also written insight on the readings in 140 characters (or less!) and posted to the DWC blog, as well as to my Twitter and Facebook accounts.

I mentioned last week that I was at a point where this exercise was becoming more of a challenge to me because the readings were so bogged down in details.  I finished Exodus after Day 43 and moved right into Leviticus.  I have to say that not much has changed in terms of the level of challenge for me.  If anything, the challenge has increased.  When I have tried to read the Bible in the past, I always lose it in Leviticus or Numbers (which is the next book coming up).  This past week has been a particular struggle for me to gain insight.  Forgive me if there are a few days here which seem less than insightful.  Sometimes it is just really difficult to actually pull something great out of what was read!

Let me re-cap Week 7 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 7 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 43 - God made us w/the same exacting details. How does His glory radiate in us? Have we set apart a place for Him to enter our lives? Exodus 39 - 40

Day 44 - Different times, but when we sin unintentionally, how do we atone for our sins once we've realized what we've done? Leviticus 1-4

Day 45 - When you sin, just admit it!  Make yourself right with God! Leviticus 5 - 7

Day 46 - We should all be so joyful when we receive blessings and find ourselves in the presence of the Lord! Leviticus 8 - 10

Day 47 - Oh the life of a Lev 12 woman!  Meanwhile, Lev 13:40 men are breathing a sigh of relief!  Leviticus 11 - 13

Day 48 - Some Old Test. TMI! Imagine living in society knowing everyone's personal business all the time! Oh wait, maybe we do!  Leviticus 14 - 15

Day 49 - Lots of ritual. What steps do we take to atone for sin & make things right w/ the Lord? Is it just words or do we do it with intent?  Leviticus 16 - 18

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.