Sunday, February 6, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 5 in Review

Five weeks of the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study") down already!  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  The past week has brought to mind visions of a couple classic films as my readings took me from the end of Genesis into the book of Exodus.

Let me re-cap Week 5 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  

Week 5 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 29 - In difficult times, remember that God has a plan. Who knows what great things He wants to accomplish through us out of those times! Genesis 48 - 50

Day 30 - Moses wonders who he is that he should lead the people out of Egypt. God equips us with all we need to live the path he set for us. Exodus 1 - 3

Day 31 - God equips Moses in form of his brother Aaron to carry out message to people of Israel. Why so hard to trust he'll equip me on my path? Exodus 4 - 6

Day 32 - How many times have we demanded a miracle from God yet refuse to see His hand at work in our situation because of our hard hearts? Exodus 7 - 9

Day 33 - What terrible things do we sometimes let happen to us before we finally realize that God has been trying to get our attention?! Exodus 10 - 12

Day 34 - Sometimes God will test our faithfulness as we follow His path. Do we remain faithful and press on? Exodus 13 - 15

Day 35 - Important to have a group of capable people around us to help ease our burdens when our challenges are too much to bear on our own. Exodus 16 - 18

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.