Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!

Here we are again at the start of another year.  Where did 2010 go??  It was over in a flash.

I, for one, am glad that we have entered a new year.  2010 was certainly a year of incredible challenges for our family - the loss of a parent and the declining health of our four year old child.  Truly, the challenges we faced were not ones that were envied by others.  All of that said, 2010 was an incredible year of growth for us.  While I still have a long road ahead of me, I believe that I grew a lot in my spiritual journey with the Lord.  I don't think I could have faced the challenges I faced without having God in my life.

It's now a new year.  Time for a fresh start.  It is my hope that 2011 is a much more calm year for our family.  It is my desire that I can grow in my relationship with God even more than I did in the past year.  I want to be closer to God.  I believe that will have an impact on all that I do.

In an effort to try to put Christ first in my life, I've embarked on a 365 day "Daily Wisdom Challenge" set out by our pastor, Greg Surratt.  Last year, he began what he called a "Twitter Bible Study".  I tried to follow along, but I let things get in the way.  This year, I've made a decision that I am all in.  If you click the link on "Daily Wisdom Challenge", it will bring you to Pastor Greg's blog site.  He outlines exactly what this challenge is all about.  Essentially, this plan will help me to put Christ first in my life by giving Him the first part of my day.  Seems like you can't go wrong by starting your day off immersed in The Word.  What do I read??  Well, you can choose from a number of reading plans here.  You can read the entire Bible in a year - front to back or in chronological order.  There are many ways to read the Bible.  For myself, I have selected the chronological option.  This is what I began doing last year (and failed).  By accepting the challenge, I have said that I am going to read each and every day for this entire year.  The reading plan gives you the daily readings each day.  Once I've read, then I will post something on Twitter and Facebook giving my insight on what I've read.  Pastor Greg calls it a "Twitter Bible Study" because it forces you to condense your insight into 140 characters or less, just as Twitter forces you to keep your thoughts to 140 characters or less.

Today's reading was Genesis 1-3.  Following the reading, I pondered what wisdom I had learned.  I tweeted this on my Twitter page (feel free to follow me):

Don't be swayed by those claiming to know more than God. May change your life drastically. God knows us & has a plan. Trust in Him. Gen 3


I also posted this on Pastor Greg's blog, as he has encouraged us to do.  A few days ago, I saw him post that 150+ people had accepted his "Daily Wisdom Challenge".  Imagine the insight that can be gained by viewing the posts from various people every day!  I'm excited to learn more this year!  If you don't see a post from me, give me a nudge.  Keep me accountable.  I want to complete this challenge!


Blessings to you and your families in 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with that challenge! And a Happy New Year to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.