Saturday, January 29, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 4 in Review

Hard to believe that the "Daily Wisdom Challenge" (a.k.a "Twitter Bible Study") is now into it's 5th week.  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  The end of Week 4 brings me close to the end of the book of Genesis.  During this time, I have also finished the book of Job.  Job fell somewhere in the middle of Genesis, chronologically speaking, and when it was complete, I jumped back into Genesis.

Let me re-cap Week 4 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!  If you're like me, you'll be singing the soundtrack to "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" in your head all week long as a result of this week's readings!

Week 4 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 22 - Even with intense/bitter family disputes going on, God heard the prayers of Leah/Rachel. God meets us where we are in life. Genesis 30 - 31

Day 23 - Revenge. Sometimes it sounds good at the time, but it can have consequences for people we least want to hurt.  Does it honor God?? Genesis 32 - 34

Day 24 - Joseph dreams. Sibs hate/shun/sell him as slave. How often do we turn r back on some1 who has somthing 2 say? Could b very important! Genesis 35 - 37

Day 25 - Joseph was enslaved/imprisoned. The Lord was with him during those difficult times. He is with us during our difficult times also. Genesis 38 - 40

Day 26 - Not good idea to sell your sib into slavery. God may have big plans 4 him & he may not be so nice when you unknowingly come to him begging. Genesis 41 - 42

Day 27 - Joseph didn't seek revenge against his brothers. He saw God's hand in what happened to him. Do we see God at work during our trials? Genesis 43 - 45

Day 28 - Desperate people sell selves into slavery just to live and are happy to do it. Do we recognize our blessings when we are desperate? Genesis 46 - 47

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.