Saturday, January 22, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 3 in Review

Three weeks ago, I began a "Daily Wisdom Challenge" a.k.a a "Twitter Bible Study".  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  For me, I have found that starting my day off reading the Bible really helps me to focus for the day.  I find myself reflecting on what I read sometimes during the day.  Some days I find myself really wondering about the situations I read about and wish I knew why things were the way they were.

Let me re-cap Week 3 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!

Week 3 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 15 - If we truly get to know the Lord, connect with Him and pray,God will bless us with far more than we could imagine or deserve. Job 40 - 42  (and with this, I finished the book of Job)

Day 16 - Trust in the Lord - you will be richly blessed.  Genesis 12 - 15

Day 17 - As believers, how many times have doubted God's ability to provide for us in hopeless situations? Nothing is impossible for God.  Genesis 16 - 18

Day 18 - When God makes a covenant with us, we can be sure that He will be true to His word, no matter how impossible it seems.  Genesis 19 - 21

Day 19 - Ultimate sacrifice and obedience to God led to being richly blessed by Him.  What are we willing to sacrifice in our lives for God?  Genesis 22 - 24

Day 20 - Esau gave up inheritance for bowl of soup? I wonder - what do I choose in my life that holds me back from deeper connection with God?  Genesis 25 - 26

Day 21 - God makes covenant w/Jacob who sets up "church" & vows to present Him w/ 1/10th of everything. Are we honoring God w/ tithing?  Genesis 27 - 29

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.