Friday, January 14, 2011

Daily Wisdom Challenge - Week 2 in Review

Two weeks ago, I began a "Daily Wisdom Challenge" a.k.a a "Twitter Bible Study".  I am engaged in a "chronological" reading plan in which I am reading the entire Bible over the course of 2011.  I can't believe it's been two weeks already.  I am really enjoying the reading and the insight I am gaining.  Not just the insights I'm gaining myself, but being able to learn from the insights of the other people who are participating in the challenge. Not everyone is doing the same reading plan so there are a wide variety of readings to reflect on each day.

Let me re-cap Week 2 for you in case you did not see them on my Twitter or Facebook page.  I'll throw links in for the biblical references so you don't even have to dig up your own Bible if you don't want.  These are just my own reflections.  I hope they are useful to someone other than myself.  Please feel free to comment with any of your own bits of wisdom!

Week 2 - Daily Wisdom Challenge Insights
by Sarah Fontenot

Day 8 - Even amidst persecution, fear, hopelessness - when all appears lost, it is not. Our Redeemer lives.  God is with us always. Job 17 - 20  

Day 9 - Where does our prosperity come from? Do we revel in being a "self-made" success or give the glory to God who gave us what we have?  Job 21 - 23  

Day 10 - True wisdom comes from God.  Where is it we are seeking wisdom from in our daily lives?  Is it from the world around us or from Him?  Job 24 - 28  

Day 11 - When bad things happen, do we cry out and blame God for our misfortunes or do we stay right with Him knowing that He has a plan?  Job 29 - 31  

Day 12 - God speaks to us time and again, sometimes in whispers.  He rescues us over and over.  Are we able to recognize when he does?  Job 32 - 34  

Day 13 - God is mighty and powerful. He is just and righteous. He should be revered. Where do we have him placed in our lives?  Job 35 - 37  

Day 14 - God knows every last detail of the universe that HE created yet we think we know it all at.  Talk about being put in your place!  Job 38 - 39

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.