Sunday, March 14, 2010

Water Baptism


So much has happened in my life lately, particularly in the past month or so, where all the little pieces finally came together. Everything was made perfectly clear for me. I really, truthfully, as a grown adult recognized for the first time who Jesus Christ is for me, what he did for me, and what he has to offer for me because I have chosen to fully open my heart up to him. Today I chose to be baptized at Seacoast Church.

I have been on a long journey getting to this point. I was baptized in the Catholic church as an infant and even made Confirmation in the 8th grade. Do I discount those experiences in my life - NO not at all. Today's baptism was a way for me to fully express where I am at on my journey with Christ and to recognize what he did for me and to become even closer to him. It was me recommitting my life to Christ. One baptism doesn't replace the other - it is me demonstrating to him - "Here I am, Lord. Send me!" My life is his and this marks a new beginning in my life. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me!

Both of the following scriptures just happened to be on our outline sheet for today's service at church:

"My job was to plant the seed in your hearts, and (someone else) watered it, but it was God, not we, who made it grow. The ones who do the planting or watering aren't important, but God is important because he is the one who makes the seed grow." 1 Corinthians 3:6-7 (NLTSE)

"The one who plants and the one who waters work as a team with the same purpose. Yet they will be rewarded individually, according to their own hard work." 1 Corinthians 3:8-9 (NLTSE)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I welcome your comments.